Sunday, December 26, 2010

Garlic Oil Ointment Treatment

This is a remedy I have used for almost 5 years now.  The original recipe I can no longer find in the original place I had found it.  Because of that, I am posting it to my blog so that it can be found and used, rather than lost.

Goot is a garlic oil ointment that uses 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of finely minced garlic.  Make sure to use high grade coconut oil, I usually get mine at Choice health.  The cheaper grades at Walmart and the like are in my opinion, not suitable for medicinal purposes.  Goot is antibiotic, antifungal and antimicrobial. In addition, it can penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream by topical application and is safe to use on sensitive areas.

Simply warm the oil very slowly to only slightly warm, just enough to melt it to a liquid.  If it is too warm, the heat will kill the healing properties in the raw garlic.  Remove from heat source and add the minced garlic.   Put in storage container.  If it is cool in your home, it will solidify and be ready to use at any moment.  I make small batches at a time so it never lasts long.  Keep plenty of oil on hand and garlic and you will be well prepared.  Go a step further and learn to grow your own garlic ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment