Saturday, October 16, 2010

~Get more Omega 3: Salmon Recipe~

I joined Weight Watchers last Wednesday. I certainly know about good nutrition, and I know the hows when it comes to losing weight, I've certainly done it enough times. The missing key for me I believe is the social dimension of going in person to a meeting, hearing stories you relate to, tips and ideas, makeover recipes for seasonal/comfort foods, tracked weigh ins and incentives etc,... I have a good feeling about it. I also desire to get more Omega 3 in my diet, and really don't want to have to choke down pills to do so, hence more salmon in our diets from now on. We tried this recipe and LOVED it. So simple, easy and flavorful.


Salmon with Molasses and Mustard

INGREDIENTS
2 Tbsp brown mustard (I have also used Dijon to good result)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp molasses
4 salmon steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Mix the mustard, lemon juice, and molasses together and brush the mixture over the salmon steaks, then dredge the steaks in the bread crumbs.
2. Set fish on a rack for ten minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
4. When hot, cook the steaks for about five minutes per side, until the salmon has browned and flakes easily.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment