Friday, August 20, 2010

Donut Holes


This is the third recipe of Jonni McCoy's, and the last for some time, that I'm blogging about. I returned the book yesterday, but not before taking a can of biscuits (the small, cheap variety), halving each one, frying them very quickly, for mere seconds on each side in very hot oil. I removed them to a paper toweled plate, then dipped and rolled in a bowl of cinnamon sugar. In no time at all we had a delicious and completely addicting snack for the whole family, 12 servings in all for $3. Not too shabby at .25 per serving, eh? I have to say, good as these were, it's not something I plan on making very often if at all. They seriously sent the kids into cravings, and myself. Not. Good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I have made these many, many times. Except I actually tear a hole in the middle of them so they have a donut shape. My kids love them and will ask for them from time time. :-)

    ReplyDelete