Monday, October 10, 2005

Dinner For Six, Second Dinner

Well, our second dinner for six was on Saturday night at Brad and MaryBeth's house. I haven't been out so much in a LONG LONG time. Their houe was very nice, and the meal was pork medallions in a pistachio sauce, garden romaine salad was the side we brought, and Boston Cream cake with coffee was for dessert.

I hope we all have a good time in our humble apartment next month! It's kind of intimidating after seeing their perfect homes. I know that is not the point, so I am not going to focus on that. As long as it's clean, which it will be, that is all that matters. I think I will be making my DH's favorite scallop meal. We only need to provide the main entree and a bread basket along with drinks. That should be pretty easy!

The point is I want my home filled with God's people; whether I live in a shack or a farmhouse, or yes even a townhouse complex. If I'm not a good steward with what we already have, why should God give us anything more? I want fellowship with like-minded people and that is what this is. Jesus will be my focus not the nicks in the woodwork, or the worn out tiled floor, or the occasional scuff mark on the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment