Monday, October 10, 2005

Aiden's first birthday and homeschooling thoughts...

Well, my last baby just turned one on Saturday, October 8th! Lots of fun, but a little sad...

I have been thinking a lot about homeschooling lately. DH has casually mentioned it from time to time and I think it has managed to prick my heart. It is something I have always thought about but not had the resources to accomplish with my girls.

At this time in my life, and at my maturity level and goal focus in life I have confidence in my ability with my husband to educate our children for the Lord. Yes academics, but also in the way they should go! The variety of curricula is just overwhelming, however I have pinpointed the type of curriculum I would like to use: Unit Studies. The idea with Unit Studies is that there is a central theme that is carried over throughout all of the subjects. That sounds exciting to me! I have looked at Konos briefly, but I am leaning toward LifePac. There are no plans at this time, and I admit I am a little sad that I have missed the mark for my girls especially with the homeschooling, but I still have three boys that are not yet in the school system. There's no reason I can't begin with them. My fourth child, Ryan, will be due to begin Kindergarten in September of 2006. We will have to use this time wisely to pray and consider this opportunity for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment