Monday, August 15, 2005

Hospitality

Something set on my heart lately is extending hospitality. I've always thrown birthday parties for the children with a buffet style meal, so have practice on the informal scale. It's time to reach a little beyond that. My husband and I have walked away from our old lifestyle, and people associated with it. That has left a little lonliness in our life. I know it's for the best, but I have prayed for God to help us find/meet at least a couple other like-minded people that we can get together with and become friends with. I believe my prayers have been heard, and now that we have found a new church home I think it will be instrumental in our meeting the kind of people who can encourage and inspire us, and us them, as we walk the journey to Christ. I feel so settled and at home, I am excited to think of what he has next for us! There is a book I have been wanting for awhile now called: The family meal table and hospitality by Nancy Campbell. Maybe it's time to order my print! I have enjoyed what I've gleaned from online sources about table settings and simple meals, so the book should have all of that and much much more. There are a handful of scriptures supporting hospitality. This one is my favorite:

Hebrews 13:2
2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

1 Peter 4:9
Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment