Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!



It will be just our little party of 7 this year.  Normally my dad joins us but this year he is not up to traveling 5-1/2 hours as I found out this morning, and my eldest daughter is staying in MA to spend the holiday with her boyfriend's family.

I cut down my menu after receiving my dad's news today.  He usually makes the french meat stuffing which my grandmother always made for Thanksgiving and Christmas.   It was my grandfather's mother's recipe but my kids don't eat it.  Since I've already shopped twice, and I'm not going back, it is going to be off the menu this year.  I am noticing it's going to be quite easy for me to not go overboard and do too much damage weight wise.

Since it's just the 7 of us, and I don't want to get stuck with so much food and temptation this is our simple little menu.  I think it is enough for our kids since they are less adventurous in the taste bud department anyhow:

Turkey with gravy
classic stuffing
mashed potatoes
Sweet potato Casserole with pecan topping
green bean casserole
parker house rolls
cranberry sauce
pumpkin pie
granny's fudge
with french vanilla ice cream
egg nog

coffee

soda


I am glad that God gave me the desire to have six children so that when they grow up and have spouses and children they will all have lots of family.  There will be aunts, uncles, cousins etc,...  I am sorry they never had that growing up, but I do look forward and pray for the day they do have just that.  God Bless everyone, and remember to savor these times, as things do not stay the same....


No comments:

Post a Comment