Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine




I figured I'd join in Kelli's show and tell for once....LOL



This is a bouquet of carnations purchased through my daughter's school on Friday. I love this unique fishbowl type vase which was my granny's. It has etched flowers on it and a criss-cross wire top to hold the flowers in place. Ideally it holds something like 2 dozen flowers and looks very full.








We are making the day a family affair, and the REAL lover of our soul is Christ I am hoping to teach them today. As wonderful of a husband I have, and as much as God has blessed us, it is not a husband/boyfriend that fulfills people, only Christ can give us all that we need, and highly above what we could ask or think, we are lavished with His care and concern. His riches. There is no thing too small or too big for the Love above all Loves.


Isn't this cute..I really think retro images of families are sweet!


We are going to make a few love/heart themed goodies today and enjoy them as a family, after daddy is back from his class, Ryan's basketball game and any appointments he has for work. Then tonight after the children are in bed for the night, hopefully early since they were up early, we will watch Fireproof together, while enjoying some chocolate dipped large, long stemmed strawberries. The move has had great reviews so I can't wait! ;-) I'll show more pics later...




sweetheart brownies...sheet pan of brownies cut out with a cookie cutter.




I personally like the look of strawberries with the leaves, so I left them on.



Sweetheart late night snack...I got the ideas from Joy: sprite and cranberry pommegranate juice topped with whipped cream and sprinkles with our chocolate dipped/drizzled strawberries

Just for fun I took this 5 love languages quiz and my results are below, my two languages are in bold....

Profile Results

Score Love Language
5 Words of Affirmation
7 Quality Time
5 Receiving of Gifts
2 Acts of Service
11 Physical Touch

My primary language is Physical touch, and secondary is quality time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dh's profile results:

7 Words of Affirmation
6 Quality Time
1 Receiving of Gifts
7 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch


How to interpret your Profile Score:

Your highest score indicates your primary love language. Your second highest score indicates your secondary love language. If two scores are identical, you are bilingual (you have two primary love languages). If the scores of your primary and your secondary language are close (for example, 10 & 9 respectfully), it indicates both are important to you. Whatever a significant other does to express love in either of these languages will get emotional points with you. The highest possible score for any language is 12.

Having a clear picture of your primary & secondary love languages will explain much of your past behavior Think back over the past and ask yourself "What have I most often requested from significant others?" Chances are your answer will lie within the scope of your primary & secondary love languages. You have been requesting that which would meet your deepest need for emotional love.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome day and evening!

    I would definitely rate physical touch very high as well!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete