Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello Cupcake!


Today I decided to whip up a batch of chocolate cupcakes for the kiddos, they gathered the ingredients and put them away while I mixed it all up into a bowl of chocolately goodness....and boy does it look rich!   I am not eating any though, my friend's wedding is in 2 weeks from today and I am wearing a sleeveless dress!!!  I am not where I would like to be but I have come far, and am not screwing it up!!  My cousin's wedding is a month following my friends and I am wearing a dress a size down, finally, and it's shorter than I am used to so I am going to be very careful!  ;0)

Simple Chocolate Cupcakes


3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

3/4 cup water

3/4 cup buttermilk

1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 Cup of dark chocolate, chopped (or you can use chocolate chips!)

Directions:
             
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 24 cup muffin tins with Pam.

In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt until thoroughly mixed.

In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Whisk into flour mixture until all of the ingredients are mixed in and no streaks of flour remain. Add in optional mini chocolate chips, if using.

Fill muffin cups evenly with the prepared batter.

Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, or with only a few crumbs.

Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
                                               


And oh yes, if I am going to bother making cupcakes for the kidlets, I am going to pile the frosting high and swirly...and no, I am not a perfectionist! ;0) I used Wilton's Buttercream icing. It was super and thick and stayed where put!

No comments:

Post a Comment