Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spiritual Gifts Asessments

Our church completed some spiritual gift/personality asessments back in December, which took an hour to complete. I was excited because we had never done one before, and it seemed pretty extensive. We just received our results today. Next, we will meet with someone on Saturday to go over them which should be interesting.

My results are:

For spiritual gift-
1- missionary: The gift of missionary is the distinctive ability to minister effectively in cultures beyond your own.
Acts 8:4
Acts 13:2-3
Acts 22:21
Romans 10:15

2-helps: The gift of helps is the distinctive ability to work with and support other Christian's ministry efforts.
Mark 15:40-41
Acts 936
Romans 16:1-2
1 cor 12:28

and then a four way tie for the following:
-giving, mercy, exhortation and intercession.

giving: The gift of giving is the distinctive ability to cheerfully and generously contribute personal resources to God's work.

mercy: The gift of mercy is the distinctive ability to feel sincere empathy and compassion in a way that results in practical relief for people's hurts, pain and suffering.

For the personality section, though this section is secular it helped to find what position of a ministry would be good for a particular individual:
1-perfect melancholy-
The depth to see into the heart and soul of life
The artistic nature to see the beauty of the world
The talent to create a masterpiece where nothing existed before
The ability to analyze and arrive at the proper solution
The eye for detail while others do shoddy work.
The pledge, "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right."
The desire to "do all things decently and in order."

2-Peaceful Phlegmatic-
The stability to stay straight on course.
The patience to put up with provokers.
The ability to listen, while others have their say.
The gift of mediation, uniting opposing forces.
The purpose of peace at almost any price.
The compassion to comfort those hurting.
The determination to keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs.
The will to live in such a way that even your enemies can't find anything bad to say about you.


Funny thing is shortly after taking this asessment, I was suddenly sparked with the idea of missions. I got so fired up about it that my husband got fired up. Interesting that it's my primary gift. My husbands gift was not missions though, his primary was administration.

update 5/26/09-
I have come to realize that though it is very useful for me to have this information, and be excited about my work, my primary mission is as a helper to my husband, and a teacher to my children. I should use my talents to assist him in what the Lord has set before him. I realize that a lot of my issue is that he doesn't know what that is as of yet and we don't have a family vision/mission and we are just kind of day-to-day getting by. I have been a dreamer for a long time, steeping in imagination, while our family does not have a clear goal that we are working toward, that we can all see. He has been busy working 13 hour days (before paperwork)since we had our first child, and he doesn't have time to contemplate a whole ton on what he would like to do, or feels called to do. I know it is a struggle for him, and for the rest of us. I know what I will be praying about...

No comments:

Post a Comment