Our newest favorite salad this summer is Taco Salad. Try this recipe here that I first tried at our Junior High Mission trip in July of this year.
* 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
* can of black olives, sliced
* 1/2 pound shredded cheddar
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
* 1 pound lean ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
* 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
* tortilla chips
* 1 cup salsa
Combine the tomatoes, cheese, sliced olives, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add the crushed up tortilla chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Add salsa to each serving if desired.