Sunday, September 25, 2005

The First Dinner For Six

Last night was the first of the three Dinner for Six fellowship dates for our group of six. We were welcomed into Dan & Dianne's charming cozy home with some freshly brewed coffee decked in glass mugs etched with flowers. I really love glass coffee mugs because my grandmother had some and I always thought they were so neat, along with her wooden salad set consisting of serving bowl, individual bowls and serving bowl/spoon set. My grandmother also had blue and white print dishes which I would like to acquire for old times sake. Anyhow, Lasagna and bread was served. Mary Beth and her hubby brought the salad which had oranges, toasted almonds, real bacon shredded, drizzled with lemon poppy dressing. It was so tasty! A surprising burst of lovely flavor in each bite. I've never had any kind of salad like that before. Mike and I brought the strawberry rhubarb pie.

I have to say I have not laughed like that in a long time! It was a great group for me, reserved, shy Jenn to be in. They drew me out of my shell effortlessly. It was wonderful fellowship with like-minded people, exactly what we've been needing for so long!

I cannot wait for the next dinner which will be the second Saturday in October, the 8th. Now I need to get to testing some recipes, because we will be providing the side dish this time. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment